So You Want To Be A Locksmith
Choosing the right Locksmith Training Centre wisely.
This is a topic I could write hundreds of pages about for many reasons. New Locksmith Training Centres spring up every month and it must be a nightmare to know where to start or how to choose wisely. Before you commit yourself and your hard earned cash please read the following guidelines in order to avoid any costly mistakes.
These are the questions you should be asking yourself:
- How long has the company been trading as a Locksmith Training Company?
- How long have the course instructors been practicing as full time locksmiths. Ask for their full names!
- Put the feelers out and ask lock manufacturers and suppliers if they have ever heard of the company.
- Ask for paper work such as purchase orders from BLUE CHIP clients to back up how long they have been established.
- Do they design and manufacture a range of Locksmith tools?
- Do they offer a 24-48 hr repair service on locksmith tools?
- Have they ever presented themselves or their company at any trade shows?
- Does their web site claim that in 2 to 4 days you will be a fully fledged locksmith and earning £1000 a week or more?
- Check to see if the Training Centre in question is run by ex students of Matrix. We know of at least 3 or 4 training centres whos “instructors” are ex students of Matrix just a few years ago and are claiming that they are one of the oldest established businesses and that their course instructors have donkey years of experience!
- We have documented proof of false statements made by of those particular centres. The fact is if you ask the right questions and push for answers you will either get the truth or a pack of BS!
- Are they luring you in with offers to advertise your new company web site on their site, pretty ID badges, or even trade association logos and stickers for your van? All these are trinkets and no substitute for good training.
- If these lures appeal to you then Matrix is not for you. We only offer no frills, honest solid training of the highest quality and value for money.
This guy Chris, really knows his stuff. I spoke to over 7 companies providing courses all over the UK and I know I had chosen the best before
John JeffersJuly 7, 2012